Sunday, December 15, 2013

Plumage Patterns

Shamar's Peacock



Khalil's Peacock

Vaughn's Peacock

Anthony's Peacock

Maryanne's Peacock

Jadelyn's Peacocks

Denise's Peacock

Aliyah's Peacock


Andre's Peacock
The 5-6th grade students spent the first part of the year studying color theory.  They have been working on cool and warm color schemes.  I had them create patterns with cool colors that became feathers, and they used contrasting warm colors to create eye spots on the outside edges.  They designed the peacock body on separate paper and cut it out before pasting it in the front.  I let them decorate with googly eyes, feathers and glitter glue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...