Sunday, December 15, 2013

Argentinian Llamas and Rheas

Olivia painted her llama blue.

Ava and Ally fill in their backgrounds with textile patterns.

Adeline fit several on her page.

Ella, Grade 2


Adeline, Grade 2

Alfonso, Grade 2

Dillon, Grade 2

Fanny, Grade 2

Ian, Grade 2

Esteban, Grade 2

Grace, Grade 2

Christa, Grade 2

Aiden, Grade 2
Mrs. Bigby's second graders are learning about Argentina in their classroom.  I searched for ideas, and came up with this one myself.  I had the students look at pictures of llamas and rheas, both animals found in Argentina that have long necks and funny faces.  We practiced drawing the funny faces and then talked about how the long necks make it possible to draw them popping out from different places on our pages.  For the backgrounds, they looked at images of Argentinian textiles.  They used the bright colors and geometric patterns to fill in their white spaces.  I let them use watercolors to make the pictures colorful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...