Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Prescott Artists Working From Home

Hello!

I miss seeing everyone, and I hope you are all healthy and doing well.  I have been corresponding with many of you via e-mail, google classroom, and Artsonia, and I am so impressed with the art that our students are making on their own at home.  I wanted to post some especially interesting work, and I hope it encourages more of you to share with me what you have been making at home.  Here are some recent Prescott masterpieces:


Stella B, Grade 7 Inspired by Cezanne's Still Life Paintings
I created my desk on a normal day. If you were to go into my room on a normal day this is what you would see. I chose this art piece because it was simple but had a meaning. The meaning of this piece was to show something, and that is what I did with my piece. 
I created it by making a rough sketch first using a regular pencil. After that I cleaned up the lines and then outlined them. I purposefully made the lines a bit messy because that shows a little about me: Creative, messy, and busy. Those are 3 things I put into this simple drawing. Also I put both of my cats in it as well, displaying their personalities. The one on the chair likes to be left alone and can be feisty. The one on the table is sneaky and energetic, and is always zooming down the halls when we are sleeping.

Ruby D, Grade 7:  Inspired by Brilliant Information Overload Pop Head, by Douglas Coupland
The painting that I found was actually a black and white photograph but with colorful paint covering the face. This inspired me to create a drawing showing someone’s mind or the inside vs. outside emotions. My drawing shows someone who has a dark aesthetic on the outside but their face (covered up, like the original painting) shows them as a person only from the inside. 

Aden P, Grade 7:  Inspired by Anthony Poon’s Black and White
I chose the art piece because out of the art I found, the optical illusion art was what I liked most. When I was looking through them, one caught my eye as it was simple yet still an optical illusion. The ones I usually see are complicated and very precise. I also liked that it was two dimensional and was the classic black and white.
I created a two dimensional square painting that looked similar to the optical illusion but had its own twist. My lines weren’t as straight, but that is what gives it character. I liked that about it because the original seemed a little too accurate and not very human-made. Mine you can tell it is, as it is not perfect.
I created it using a piece of foam, scissors, a paint pen, and a ruler. I first cut the piece of foam into a square using the scissors and the ruler. I then created 9 square sections on the
piece of foam and then another four inside that using the paint pen and ruler. In the four corner sections I free-handedly created boxes that got smaller and smaller. And then, I finally created larger boxes using the edge of the foam into the center boxes. In the picture you will see that the lines are uneven because the paint pen was barely showing up and also sometimes leaking onto the foam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...