Monday, March 30, 2020

Color Wheel Photo Challenge



Hi Everyone!

This week, I want to offer our students a colorful art challenge.  A friend of mine from graduate school posted this lesson on her social media and inspired me to try it with the Prescott artists.  After looking up the project, I found this link about an artist who does something similar with objects found on the beach.  Students could easily do this at home without using any art supplies!  Please share these photos and links with our Prescott artists, and, if they try the challenge, share a photo of their color wheel.  You can share by uploading to Artsonia with our school's code:  WCCP-WSTF or you can e-mail the photo to me at:  eaammons@cps.edu  Remember that art is a great way to relieve some of the stress we are all feeling!

Inspirational Artist: https://mymodernmet.com/caroline-south-whimsical-photography/
Lesson Plan: http://www.thecrayonlab.com/2020/03/found-object-color-wheel.html
If uploading to Artsonia:  Project Name:  Found Object Color Wheel

Charlie and Xander M. Cleaned out their mom's "junk drawer" and made this great example!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...