Saturday, February 20, 2016

Artsy Screen Time




I have been using several websites to reinforce classroom lessons.  I always tell the students to check my blog for links to the sites, so I wanted to create this post to describe the sites and provide links for students eager for some artsy screen time.

First grade is learning about Egypt, and I found this site that offers activities, quizzes and guided readings about how mummies were made and pyramids were built.  It is by the Children's University of Manchester.

Egyptian Hieroglyphs and Making Mummies

The second grade is learning about Picasso and Matisse.  We started with a study of cubism, and we are moving on to Matisse now.  They will focus on organic vs. geometric shapes and on patterns and props common to his paintings.  I love both of these sites for studying these topics:


Picassohead.com
Matisse for Kids
Third Grade is working on COLOR THEORY!  The color wheel can be tricky, but they are mastering it.  Here are some sites to practice mixing colors...

Interactive Color Wheel  (A little more advanced)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...