Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere

The fifth graders are learning about the American Revolution in Social Studies.  For their poetry and art project, I chose H.W. Longfellow's poem, Paul Revere's Ride.  They enjoyed a few printmaking projects this year, so I had them illustrate the poem and then print their illustrations.  They included imagery of Boston's Old North Church, British ships, lanterns signaling from the belfry of the church and a horseman riding through the town.  I love this project since I grew up going to Boston to visit family and eventually did grad school there.  It's such a fun place to learn American history.
Jason's Print

Salvador's Print

Melanie's Print

Alex's Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...