Monday, April 27, 2015

Sing a Song of People

Lois Lenski was a popular children's book author. One of her projects was a collection of regional novels about children across the United States. I remember my dad reading Texas Tomboy to me when I was in elementary school.  I chose the poem Sing a Song of People for Ms. Lindsey's Kindergarten class to illustrate for the Poetry and Art Show coming up in May.  It describes people in the city, rushing around and busily taking different forms of transportation to get around.  I had the students create city collages from construction paper, and then we added little figures.  Here's what we did:



I recycled some corks and made little stick man stamps out of them with cardboard and craft foam.
The students stamped them around their cities to illustrate the poem.
Angie added rain clouds and race cars.

Cash 's City


Lila made a colorful scene with a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...