Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ferris Wheel Paper Sculptures


Isabella and Lashonda's Wheel

Arely's Wheel

Alexa and Shouwayne's Wheel with Cardboard Skyline

Taylor, Sara and Adamari added people!

Yaxeni and Kalyssa's Wheel

Preliminary Sketches Displayed with Gerardo, Geno, Jamal, Jimmy and Connor's Work
 The 7th and 8th Grade students looked at historical etchings from the World's Columbian Exposition.  They read about the history of the Ferris Wheel, and they drew some blueprints showing the geometry of the structures.  They worked in groups to make a model from cardstock and glue, using only scissors.  I discouraged tape and encouraged decorations when the finished.  I love how some of them went the extra mile, adding skylines, trees and Gerardo's really spins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...