Saturday, November 23, 2013

First Grade Fall Farms

Amari wanted to draw crows instead of a scarecrow...

Ermuun, Grade 1

Lauren, Grade 1

Mariah, Grade 1

Kimani, Grade 1

Maureen, Grade 1
I saw a lesson similar to this one online, but it was for 6th grade students.  I knew my first graders could handle it.  We talked about horizon lines, vanishing points, shapes, colors and lines.  They used crayons, watercolors, construction paper and glue sticks to build some fall scenes.  When I asked Amari where her scarecrow was, she pointed to the crows and said, "Ms. Ammons!  Can't you see the crows?  There is no scarecrow!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...