Saturday, October 26, 2013

Circle Squirrels

Felipe, Grade 1
Yoli, Grade 1

Weronika, Grade 1

Lauren, Grade 1

Cooper, Grade 1

Maureen, Grade 1


Charlie, Grade 1
The first graders made some cute fall pictures this week.  They practiced drawing squirrels using the letter "S" as the tail and making the body from various circles.  They then practiced making brown and grey by mixing the primary colors and white.  After painting papers with these neutral colors, I cut various circles from the paper.  They created a tree branch by tracing their arm and cutting it out, and then they built a squirrel with the circles.  I gave them fabric, papers, and some fabric leaves to decorate their work.  They each have their own personality.  I love them.  I also love that the kids learned color theory, practiced motor skills, found shapes in an image to help with drawing, and had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...