Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Make Spring Break an Art Break

Spring Tree by Vincent Van Gogh
Spring Tree by Ian, Grade 1


Spring officially begins tomorrow, and Spring Break begins next week!  I hope you all have a relaxing week off, and I look forward to all of the projects we have planned for the spring when we return.  I wanted to share a link with you that will tell you about ongoing activities at The Art Institute of Chicago.  They have a lot going on that would be a fun way to spend your time next week.  Middle school students could try to go find some of the paintings they are learning about in art class and see them in person.  Younger students could take advantage of some of the family activities or the education center.  I plan to go visit the new Picasso exhibit one day over break.  We're lucky to live in a city with a huge collection of art from all over the world!

http://www.artic.edu/visit/visiting-your-family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...