Monday, May 29, 2017

Chicago-Style Hot Dogs

 

Third Grade Hot Dog Art

Pop artists love hot dogs.  Wayne Thiebaud, Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons have all used hot dog images in their work.

Hot Dog by Roy Lichtenstein
I decided that the third graders could practice their clay sculpting skills and could continue their year of Chicago art projects by making their own hot dog sculptures... Chicago-style!  We listed all the ingredients they have had on Chicago-style hot dogs, and I let them get to work.  After they finished all the ingredients, they let them dry for a day and then painted.  I challenged them to mix colors and to not use paint right out of the bottle.  They competed for the most realistic colors and sculptures.  Here are some photos from the project:


Haley added poppy seeds to her bun.



Jia Organizing Works-in-Progress

Anthony Taking a Pretend Bite
Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...