Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Marbling Magic

Finished Patterns

The second session of Art Club began last week, and we have started with some new projects.  I saw this activity online in a few different blogs, and I thought we could give it a try.  The students loved it, and I think the prints turned out beautifully.  We used shaving cream to cover the bottom of some pans, and dribbled liquid watercolors over the cream.  I showed them a few ways to swirl the paint, but also encouraged them to experiment.  After swirling the paint, paper could be placed right on top, pressed into the cream, and then the print could be pulled.  They used popsicle sticks to stir and scrape.  I made sure to provide gloves and to cover the tables because the watercolors can stain skin and tables.  I have read that this can be done with food coloring too.  Here are some photos of the process and the happy artists!

Ethan Filling His Pan

Javier With His Pan

Swirled Paint

Esteban With His Pan

Elyza Dribbles Paint
Sheridan and Jair Pull a Print
Javier and His Work
Artists at Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...