Sunday, January 29, 2017

4th Graders Gaining Perspective

Nate W. decided to add a city to the background, and to make his sky a complimentary color to the blue buildings.  It reminds me so much of an amazing adobe village painting he did in the first grade.  I love his detail work!
Prescott's 4th grade artists are impressing me with their drafting skills.  Perspective is a challenging concept for elementary students, but they are jumping right in as we learn about both one and two-point techniques.  This group of students is known for asking me, "Can we do it this way?"  I love how they are not afraid to come up with their own spin on the project.  It shows they are ready for a challenge.  After practicing a street scene with one-point perspective, they will be designing tree houses using two-point perspective.  They are drawing in pencil, tracing with sharpie markers, and then painting with watercolors.  This paint is a challenge in itself, but I see them turning mistakes into new ideas every day.  Daniel R.  made his sky "too dark" and was frustrated, but I then watched him play around with the paint until he had transformed his sky into a very creative thunderstorm.  Ermuun conquered the technique right away, and spent an entire week working in silent concentration.  As usual, I am proud  of them!
Ermuun caught on right away.  I like his cubist sky.
Martha designed a bird sanctuary. 
Maureen used bright colors in her painting.

Felipe's work has improved so much this year that each project he does amazes me!
Maleah, Grade 4

Yoli adds rainbow colors to whatever she creates.  This time, it's the side of her closest building!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...