Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blending Values and Creating Contrast

Brian, Grade 7
Danny, Grade 7
The 6-7th grade class used acrylic paint on canvas this week as they practiced blending colors into a gradient.  They created concentric circles of various values, and they practiced blending the colors without losing the multiple values.  I gave them freedom to choose what they wanted to add in the front of their picture.  I used a snow scene in my example, so many chose that, but we had an underwater scene, some city skylines, and a tropical sunset.  All were painted in black to show silhouettes created by backlighting.

Gabe, Grade 7

Quin, Grade 6


Lily, Grade 6

Daniel, Grade 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...