Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Peace, Joy, Love... and Fun!

Art Club Mini-Paintings
The mini-canvases they sell at Blick are a great supply this time of year.  I had the 3-5th graders in my Art Club paint snowy scenes using acrylics and a detail brush.  When they dried, I let them use my stamps (from Target's dollar bin)  to add words they thought were appropriate for the season.  I love that they added their own twist on the pictures by including animals and people.  Esteban even remembered a 1st grade project where I told them a red bird would show up well in a snow scene because of the warm color contrasting the cool colors of winter.  He added a cardinal!  I used the glue gun to put ribbon around the outside edges, and I tied it into a loop for hanging.  I told them they could use them on a Christmas tree if their family celebrates Christmas, or they could just hang it in a window or on the refridgerator as a wintertime decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...