Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Funny Little Fridas (and a few Diegos...)

The second and third graders are learning about Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. 

For third grade, this ties in with their Art of Chicago course as they learn about The National Museum of Mexican Art (located here in Chicago).  This wonderful museum is free every day, and it hosts many family and children's art programs.  Right now, they have an exhibit for the Day of the Dead that includes ofrendas made by various artists from Chicago and Mexico.  I hope some students go to the musuem to see the exhibit.  I really want to go to the workshop that teaches how to decorate sugar skulls! 

As for the second graders, their year will be focused on famous artists, so we started with Frida and Diego!  Both sets of mini ofrendas are nearly finished, and I will display some at Prescott.  Go to the museum for the exhibit if you can!

Alexis, Grade 2

Ermuun, Grade 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...