Monday, December 8, 2014

Elephants of India


Robyn, Grade 1

Jose, Grade 1
Giselle, Grade 1 
Maya, Grade 1

Emiliano, Grade 1

Matthew, Grade 1

Jamie, Grade 1
The first graders are studying India, and are doing some amazing work.  We looked at mendhi and rangoli designs, and we looked at photos and read about festivals like Holi, where these designs are common.  In some festivals, elephants are decorated and are part of the festivities.  The first graders practiced designs in the background, and they drew and painted elephants for the focal point of their work.  I am impressed with the quality of the work, and I can't wait to see what they do this week as they finish up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...