Friday, February 22, 2013

An Artistic Celebration of Learning

Middle School Girls with their Completed Project
Today our students will have a Celebration of Learning assembly at 3:00.  The middle school girls have put together a presentation of their work and will perform for the school.  They used the grid method to make large pieces of Grant Wood's American Gothic.  They put together a list of facts about the artist and his famous painting.  They will build the puzzle on stage as they read the facts to the audience.  This project gave them a chance to work as a group to learn some art history and to get comfortable using paint.  I think they did a great job, and I look forward to seeing them perform today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Seas Ahead

Rembrandt's Stolen Work, Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee  My favorite new project this year was one I came up with when I was...